A Misplaced Middle Name

I got a sneak peek at how my new novel will look when it's up for sale: Radio Red, by R. Mark Hunter.

The problem being that my pen name is Mark R. Hunter.

I checked with the publisher, and we all agreed that with this being my tenth book, it was a little late to change my name, so the correction should be made by Monday. I do remember, back when I was convinced I'd be on the bestseller list by age 21, toying with what my author name should be: M.R. Hunter and M. Richard Hunter were my favorites. They seemed like a good idea when I was a teenager. Instead I added my middle initial, mostly because I Googled my name and there were some 1,400,000 Mark Hunters online.

Now, with the R, I share my name only with the CEO of Molson Coors Brewing Company, a risk management expert from Salt Lake City, a building contractor in Alabama ... and another author, who at least doesn't write in any of my genres. Yet.






4 comments:

  1. And here I never did get a middle name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well our favorite, Frank L. Baum used a middle initial so he wouldn't be confused with anyone else. Lol. As if....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just Googled "Frank Baum" ... and got a hit on myself on the first page!

      Actually, I've heard the main reason he went by L. Frank Baum is that he hated his first name, so there's that.

      Delete